Best RN to BSN Online Programs in Rhode Island
There are a limited number of CCNE- and ACEN-accredited Online RN to BSN programs in Rhode Island, so it can be hard to label one as the “Best.”
- NEIT’s 100% Online RN to BSN has a strong completion rate and great online tuition rates.
- SRU’s 100% Online RN to BSN might be a good choice if you’re interested in holistic health topics & disaster response planning.
Have a look at their respective NCLEX pass rates, chat to recent alumni, and talk to your work mentors before you make a decision. You might also want to take a look at Online RN to BSN programs in Massachusetts or Connecticut and browse through our rankings of the Best Online RN to BSN Programs in the country.
Cheapest RN to BSN Online Programs in Rhode Island
Rhode Island is a pretty affordable state for Online RN to BSN students! All of the programs in our state listings cost less than $10,500 in total tuition for the minimum number of nursing credits required. Feel free to compare these choices with schools in our rankings of the Most Affordable Online RN to BSN Programs in the country.
1. New England Institute of Technology
- Program: Online RN to BSN
- RN to BSN Credits: 34
- Affordable Pick for Out-of-State: Yes—Check State Authorization
- Cost Info: Tuition & Fees
NEIT’s 100% Online RN to BSN is offered at a special & highly affordable Online RN to BSN tuition rate. We used 34 credits for our calculations—it’s the minimum residency requirement—but the price will go up if you need to take additional General Education coursework. You should also budget for general fees (e.g. student fee).
2. Salve Regina University
- Program: Online RN to BSN
- RN to BSN Credits: 30
- Affordable Pick for Out-of-State: Yes
- Cost Info: Tuition & Fees
For the cost of SRU’s 100% Online RN to BSN, we used 30 credits to calculate tuition. The final price was just above $10,000. If you qualify for the Preferred Partner Tuition Rate, your price is going to be less than NEIT’s program!
Fastest Online RN to BSN Programs in Rhode Island
Online RN to BSN Programs in our Fastest rankings must be available in a plan of study that takes less than 3 semesters/1 year to complete on a full-time schedule.
- Rhode Island programs run longer than this—the quickest pathway looks to be SRU’s 100% Online RN to BSN, which can be tackled in 12 months.
- For alternatives, check out our rankings of the Fastest Online RN to BSN Programs in the country (organized by time and then price).
RN to BSN Scholarships in Rhode Island
Statewide Scholarships for Rhode Island RN to BSN Students
Rhode Island Nursing Organization Scholarships
American Nurses Association Rhode Island (ANA-RI)/RISNA doesn’t look like it offers scholarships, but it never hurts to ask! On the up-side, Rhode Island RNs will definitely qualify for:
- Nursing Foundation of Rhode Island (NFRI) Scholarships
- United Nurses & Allied Professionals (UNAP) Scholarships
- New England Regional Black Nurses Association (NERBNA) Scholarships
Rhode Island Healthcare System & University Partnerships
Do you work for a Rhode Island hospital or New England healthcare institution? Talk to your HR representative about your education dreams! You may be eligible for all kinds of juicy education benefits.
For example, anyone working at Lifespan’s Rhode Island Hospital/Hasbro Children’s Hospital should definitely investigate:
- Tuition Assistance for UNAP Employees: All full-time UNAP employees at Rhode Island Hospital/Hasbro Children’s Hospital are eligible for reimbursement of 100% of tuition costs—up to a maximum of $2,500 per calendar year.
- Tuition Remission for UNAP Positions: Lifespan will remit up to $3,500 worth of licensure-related tuition in exchange for a 2-year work commitment at RIH by the employee.
Rhode Island universities also offer special tuition discounts to hospital partners. Check out:
- SRU’s Preferred Partner Tuition Rate, which extends to nurses at partner institutions, their spouses and family members, and members of the military.
Rhode Island Community Foundation Scholarships
Take a moment to apply for Rhode Island Foundation: Nursing Scholarships. Some of these awards are open to RN to BSN students.
University Scholarships for Rhode Island RN to BSN Students
New England Institute of Technology
Salve Regina University
RN to BSN Requirements in Rhode Island
RN Licensure: Online RN to BSN degrees are classified as “post-licensure” programs. Rhode Island universities will expect you to have—or be in the process of earning—an RN license. If you’re finishing up your associate degree and waiting to take the NCLEX exam, you can still apply. For instance:
- NEIT’s 100% Online RN to BSN states that students must have RN licensure prior to the start of the 3rd term.
Have questions about state RN licensure? The Rhode Island Department of Health handles Nursing Licensing within the state. It also posts NCLEX pass rates for RI schools on its homepage. Although NCLEX stats don’t apply to post-licensure programs, they’re always a useful quality marker.
State Authorization: Live outside of Rhode Island? Just double-check that you’re eligible to apply. Some RI universities cannot accept RNs from certain states. For example:
- NEIT’s 100% Online RN to BSN has a few state exceptions due to nursing licensure regulations surrounding the Nurse Compact Act.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are 100% Online RN to BSN Programs in Rhode Island Available?
Yes. All of the Online RN to BSN programs in our Rhode Island listings are 100% online, with no campus visits required.
- Some may have synchronous/live coursework where you have to be online at certain times.
- You’ll also need to plan for BSN-level practicums in your local community and/or place of employment.
Can I Choose a “No Clinicals” Online RN to BSN in Rhode Island?
Not really. Because of accreditation rules, CCNE- and ACEN-accredited Online RN to BSN programs almost always contain on-the-ground practicums. For example:
- NEIT’s 100% Online RN to BSN culminates in a Leadership & Capstone Practicum (80 hours). Students must identify their own mentor/preceptor. Practicums can be completed in the community or the student’s organization.
- SRU’s 100% Online RN to BSN has two Experiential Learning courses in Aging and End-of-Life Care and Public Health and Disaster Response Planning. Immersion experiences in Public Health can be completed at home or abroad.
Do I Need Statistics to Apply for a Rhode Island Online RN to BSN?
Probably. But keep in mind that you may be able to take it as a “co-requisite” while you are completing your Online RN to BSN coursework. Salve Regina University is a private Catholic university, so it also has Religion & Philosophy requirements.
Are There Any Online RN to BSN to MSN Programs in Rhode Island?
Not that we could find. If you’re interested in earning an MSN—but you need a BSN for employment purposes—browse through the online offerings in our listings of RN to BSN to MSN Programs. There are plenty of accredited & accelerated pathways available in the U.S. And some of them are from well-known Schools of Nursing.
Should I Consider On-Campus or Hybrid RN to BSN Programs in Rhode Island?
If you live in the Providence area, check out Rhode Island College’s CCNE-accredited RN to BSN. RIC’s School of Nursing achieves excellent NCLEX pass rates. It has close ties to Providence VA Medical Center (PVAMC). And it offers specific RN to BSN Nursing Scholarships.