Best RN to BSN Online Programs in Delaware
1. Wilmington University
- Program: Online RN to BSN
- RN to BSN Credits: 31
- Length: 18 Months or More
- Accepts Out-of-State RNs: Yes
- NCLEX Pass Rates: N/A
Wilmington’s convenient Online RN to BSN comes in a dizzying array of flavors! You can pursue it full-time or part-time. You can opt for a hybrid or 100% online program. You might even wish to get a head-start on graduate-level coursework with the Dual Credit Advantage BSN to MSN Option. Wilmington’s College of Health Professions and Natural Sciences offers MSN options in FNP and Nursing Leadership. Be sure to ask the RN to BSN program coordinator for examples of capstone experiences—students finish their program with a community & population health learning practicum in their local area.
Cheapest RN to BSN Online Programs in Delaware
To appear in our Cheapest rankings, Delaware Online RN to BSN programs had to be less than $6,000 in total tuition costs for in-state residents. You’ll find similarly priced programs in our rankings of the Most Affordable Online RN to BSN Programs in the country.
1. Delaware Technical Community College
- Program: Online RN to BSN
- RN to BSN Credits: 30 + Any Additional General Education Requirements
- Affordable Pick for Out-of-State: No
- Cost Info: Tuition & Fees
- NCLEX Pass Rates: 87.23%
In-state tuition rates for Delaware Tech’s ACEN-accredited Online RN to BSN are extremely cheap! Even when you include the additional per credit & per semester fees, you’re still looking at a superb price. Out-of-state rates are much higher. 30 credits is the baseline requirement for nursing coursework. If you need to take additional General Education courses (21 credits), costs will go up.
Fastest Online RN to BSN Programs in Delaware
For our Fastest state rankings, we only feature Online RN to BSN programs that take less than 3 semesters/1 year to complete on a full-time basis. Delaware Tech (4 semesters) and Wilmington (18 months) are above the time limit. If speed is important, explore the self-paced and 2-semester options in our rankings of the Fastest Online RN to BSN Programs in the country.
RN to BSN Scholarships in Delaware
Statewide Scholarships for Delaware RN to BSN Students
Delaware Nursing Organization Scholarships
Most state nursing associations offer foundation scholarships to their members. We didn’t see any awards featured on the Delaware Nurses Association (DNA) website, but it never hurts to ask about funding opportunities!
Delaware Healthcare System & University Partnerships
Do you work for a Delaware hospital or regional healthcare system in the MD/PA/NJ/DE area? Talk to your HR representative about your plans.
- RN employees are usually eligible for all kinds of education benefits, including program discounts, loan forgiveness, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- Your employer may have partnerships with certain schools. For example, ChristianaCare Academic Partners include Delaware Tech and Wilmington, as well as universities in neighboring states (e.g. JHU, Immaculata, etc.).
- You could even qualify for specific hospital scholarships (e.g. ChristianaCare RN-BSN Scholarship).
Delaware Community Foundation Scholarships
Take a moment to apply for Delaware Community Foundation Scholarships. There are awards that will apply to Online RN to BSN situations (e.g. Margaret A. Stafford Nursing Scholarship)!
University Scholarships for Delaware RN to BSN Students
Choosing a Delaware Online RN to BSN is going to be a balancing act. Wilmington has specific nursing scholarships, but it’s also more expensive than Delaware Tech. Explore all of your options.
Delaware Technical Community College
RN to BSN Requirements in Delaware
RN Licensure: Online RN to BSN degrees are classified as “post-licensure” programs. Delaware universities will expect you to have—or be in the process of earning—an RN license. We noticed that Delaware schools are pretty insistent on seeing an RN license in applications.
- Have questions about state RN licensure? The Delaware Board of Nursing can assist.
- The Board also posts Delaware Nursing Program Pass Rates. Although NCLEX statistics don’t apply to post-licensure programs, they’re always a useful quality marker.
State Authorization: Do you live outside of Delaware? Just double-check that you’re eligible to apply for a DE Online RN to BSN. Some programs have state authorization regulations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are 100% Online RN to BSN Programs in Delaware Available?
Yes. All of the Online RN to BSN programs in our DE listings are 100% online, with no campus visits required. Wilmington even offers a choice—the Online RN to BSN is offered 100% online, hybrid, or at multiple campus locations.
Can I Choose a “No Clinicals” Online RN to BSN in Delaware?
Accreditation rules mean that CCNE- and ACEN-accredited Online RN to BSN programs always contain a practicum component. The format of BSN-level practicums will depend on the school, but they typically involve training in community health and nursing leadership. Plus you can complete them in your local area and/or place of employment. For instance:
- Delaware Tech’s 100% Online RN to BSN includes clinical practicums in Population & Community Health (45 hours) and Nursing Leadership (45 hours). Students arrange their experiences with a qualified preceptor.
- Wilmington’s 100% Online RN to BSN includes a Capstone course which includes a community learning experience.
Do I Need Statistics to Apply for a Delaware Online RN to BSN?
Probably. We saw it listed as a prerequisite in all of the Online RN to BSN programs in our DE listings. If you don’t have statistics on your transcript, you may be able to take it as a “co-requisite” while you start tackling RN to BSN courses. Ask the RN to BSN program coordinator if this is possible.
Are There Any Online RN to BSN to MSN Programs in Delaware?
Not that we could find. However, Wilmington’s Accelerated Option: BSN to MSN for Pathway Students is open to RNs with a bachelor’s degree in another field. Candidates can take up to 4 MSN-level courses in lieu of undergraduate courses. Courses taken at the graduate level fulfill requirements for both the BSN and MSN.
You may also wish to browse through the online offerings in our listings of RN to BSN to MSN Programs. They are plenty of alternatives in other states.